Library Manager – Miami, FL
Level: Professional Staff Positions
Location: Miami, FL
Contact / Apply: Human Resources
Holland & Knight is seeking a Library Manager for the Mid-Atlantic Region. The position will be responsible for managing Library Services for Washington, DC, and McLean, VA offices. Candidate must have a progressive approach to Library Science, demonstrate initiative, and work well independently. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of library services for the region, including research, business and reference services, training and instruction of efficient research techniques, compiling and tracking legislative developments, managing technical services, budget management, and fostering and maintaining vendor relationships. EOE, AA, M/F/D/V
· Perform a wide variety of legal and non-legal research projects for lawyers, clients, and staff in multiple domestic and international offices.
· Regularly conduct client development research as a part of the Library & Research Services team.
· Explain and assist in use of reference sources; provide group and individual instruction on research techniques (manual and computer).
· Administer the library ensuring collection is easy to use and accessible; shelve books; coordinate loose-leaf filing; stock writing supplies and phone lists; coordinate duplication of cases/law reviews.
· Process invoices for payment and monitor expenditures against budget targets.
· Receive and route library mail; check in publications, distribute and shelve.
· Identify collection strengths and weaknesses; target titles for cancellation; interface with attorneys.
· Process purchase requests. Coordinate activities with all firm libraries.
· Provide cataloging information to Tampa. Label books, provide pockets and cards for checkout.
· Provide and implement current awareness services as appropriate.
· Provide library orientation and training in print and electronic resources to library patrons.
· Record and report research projects and time spent utilizing Firm billing software and reference request database.
· Participate in enhancing library/Firm technologies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Research skills (both manual and computer).
· Library cataloging skills.
· Fundamental understanding of legal concepts.
· Strong research and database skills, including proficiency in utilizing research databases such as Lexis, WestlawNext, Bloomberg/BNA, CCH IntelliConnect, HeinOnline
· Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school required.
· Experience in law library required, preferably in a law firm setting.
For more information visit http://www.hklaw.com/Careers/Jobs/