St John the Baptist Parish Library Job Description
Position: Business Manager
Classification: Administrative Services
Job Objective: The business manager maintains orderly and precise control of business activity; financial management including budget, accounting, purchasing and general business functions and human resource activities; hiring, discipline and performance of staff. Also, works with Director to prepare and monitor the operating and capital budgets.
General Statement: This is a professional full-time, exempt position. Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary. Must oversee and participate in two audits per year. Salary is based on experience.
1. Assist Library System in reaching goals and objectives.
2. To track, prepare and pay-out accounts payable while maintaining all necessary records in a timely and orderly manner.
3. Analyze data to ensure that the library is on track to meet financial goals.
4. Develop and implement budgets
5. To assist the Director in the preparation of reports and budget
6. Ensure the department complies with company polices
7. Ensure workers have the resources to complete their work
8. Assess the performance of the department against goals and plans
9. Perform human resource activities such as performance evaluations, hiring and discipline
10. Direct the flow of communications within and outside the company
11. Oversee billing and accounting, human resources, contract development and oversight, and records management.
12. To prepare and code checks/statements and all other applicable materials for the CPA in a timely manner
13. To track employee time and prepare payroll, paychecks and all associated payments and records in a timely manner
14. To prepare and file federal and state financial and employee pay reports.
15. To supervise use, maintenance and repair of office machines and equipment.
16. To prepare purchase orders, order and track office and building supplies
17. To collect system receipts and prepare deposits
18. To maintain correspondence, vendor and business files in an orderly manner
19. To maintain confidentiality of all internal library business affairs and personnel actions
20. To follow the policies and procedures established in the library policy and operations manuals and by memo from the Director
21. To work cooperatively and in professional harmony with staff members/ administrators and the community
* Master Degree in Accounting from accredited College/University or Ten years equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of Quick Books, MS Office.
Please send resume, letter of application and three professional references to Natalie D. Beam, St. John Parish Library, 2920 Hwy 51, LaPlace, LA 70069 or email@example.com