LAC Group, New Orleans, LA
LAC Group is seeking Library Assistants for a potential contract with an academic library located in New Orleans, LA. These are full-time, benefited positions for approximately 6 months. The selected individuals must have the ability to guide co-workers in a shifting and moving project. Experience working in the book stacks of a large research library, including arranging, shelving, shelf-reading is preferred.
- Shifting, Arranging, Shelving, Transporting and Reporting books and materials throughout the Library and off site locations;
- Serve as point person for assigned project section
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Position entails regular lifting and moving of library materials up to 40lbs on an on-going basis
- Experience with library call number order a plus
- Experience working in the book stacks of a major research library;
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral communications skills.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at: http://goo.gl/BKX6Nt
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.