Office of the Circuit Librarian – Fifth Circuit Library
United States Court of Appeals
Job Announcement 2016-2 USCA5LIB
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary Range: Court Personnel System Classification CL24/25
Full salary range $35,055 to $62,951, depending on experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Applications will be considered as soon as received, and will continue to be considered until the position is filled.
Location: New Orleans, LA
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of work experience in an office, court or library environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or eligible to work for the federal government.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, routing material appropriately.
- Assist maintaining collections, including relocating library materials, shelving, and filing materials. Deliver and retrieve items throughout the library and to other court units.
- Perform data entry.
- Under the general supervision of a librarian, perform cataloging tasks including updating catalog records, item records, and holdings in the library catalog following industry standards.
- Assist with basic research and services to court personnel and other library patrons.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of circulation records.
- Three years library experience.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to prioritize delegated tasks.
- Experience with an Integrated Library System. SIRSI knowledge is a plus.
- Skill in the use of Windows-based personal computers and basic office applications software.
- Aptitude for performing functions requiring a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail.
- Experience working with people at all levels; effective oral and written communication skills.
- Skill in key boarding including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to perform occasional moderate to heavy physical activity.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to: (email submission is preferred)
U.S. Courts Library
Attn: Brent Hightower
600 Camp St., Room 106
New Orleans, LA 70130 Email: email@example.com
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION
Federal court employees are not included in the government’s civil service classification.
However, they are entitled to the same benefits as other federal employees and some additional benefits. These include: paid annual and sick leave; automatic enrollment in a retirement plan and in direct deposit of earnings; and optional enrollment in health benefits, life insurance, tax-deferred savings, long-term care, and long-term disability programs. Court employees are required to use Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit. New selectees are subject to a background check as a condition of employment. The Court does not provide reimbursement for interview-related travel expenses.
The court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, to withdraw the job announcement, or fill the position, without any prior written or other notice.
Resumes will be screened and only selected applicants will be contacted for interviews.
The Fifth Circuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.