Reporting to the AVP & Dean of Students (AVP/DOS) and serving on the Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT), the Associate Director for Resource Management develops and manages budgetary functions and personnel processes for the Division of Student Affairs, provides support in the administration of various business operations, and works closely with department heads to maximize efficient use of resources. This position will oversee purchase requisitions and payments from multiple budgets, appointments of full/part-time staff, staff timekeeping records and other personnel and payroll records that relate to budgets and resources managed by the Division.
The Associate Director:
– Prepares guidelines, funding formulas, and models for the annual budget.
– Prepares, reconciles, and distributes expenditure and related accounting reports.
– Supports strategic planning activities; assesses outcomes, analyzes trends, and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations.
– Works with Student Affairs department heads to manage multiple budgets and personnel processes and monitors the financial condition of operating units to ensure effective planning and efficient use of resources.
– Monitors and analyzes budget allocations, fund balances, and expenditures for tax levy and non-tax levy plans and Petri Foundation Funds.
– Helps to develop budget policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy.
– Analyzes spending, income trends and usage to recommend improvements.
– Maintains a variety of manual and electronic fiscal information, files, and records (such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, personnel activities, vendor contracts, etc.) for purposes of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail.
– Processes and tracks transactional entries and maintains financial data so as to provide fiscal reports to AVP/DOS and department heads; produces forecasting projections.
– Manages all financial reporting and compliance activities, including preparation of financial statements, statistical reports, and funding determinations.
– Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis, as necessary.
– Represents the division on college-wide budget and personnel committees and meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, including 6 years of job-related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility required. Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred. Experience working in a college setting a plus.
– Experience supervising staff and managing time records
– Strong organizational, record keeping, analytic problem solving, and communication skills
– Ability to understand and create complex spreadsheets
– Experience with multi-step procurement processes
– Experience and comfort with using various forms of office technology, including computers, document scanners, and software products related to human resources, finance, and budgets
– Experience with data reporting and analysis for budgetary management and decision making
– Familiarity with documentation required for personnel recruitment functions
– Ability to respond in as timely manner to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of providing information and resolving problems
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the budget function of a College or major program under the direction of a senior administrator.
– Prepares guidelines, funding formulas, and models for the annual budget
– Supports strategic planning activities; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations.
– Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures
– Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
– May hire, supervise, and train budget and/or clerical staff.
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Budget Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
December 9, 2015
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional