Veterinary Library Internship
AVAILABILITY: one year long position currently available.
HOURS: 20 hours per week; daytime hours.
DUTIES: This is an opportunity to gain broad library experience, particularly in the following areas:
- Special projects: e.g. citation entry and analysis, collection analysis, digitization, documentation, displays
- Web page and online resource creation and maintenance.
- Live Chat reference service.
- Social media postings for the veterinary libraries.
- Workshop support.
- Reference work for members of the public, students, faculty and staff.
- Interlibrary loan/document delivery systems, such as EFTS billing system.
- Circulation desk responsibilities (limited hours).
The Veterinary Library is located in beautiful surroundings in the school’s modern Hill Pavilion. It includes a computer classroom, multipurpose meeting rooms and a media editing lab. A branch library is located at the large animal facility in Kennett Square. Our staff consists of the head librarian with 17 years experience; a part-time liaison librarian and part-time assistant librarian; two full-time support staff and student workers from the school of veterinary medicine and other Penn programs. Opportunities to participate in in-house presentation program for Penn Libraries interns, technology workshops.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a current student in an ALA accredited Library/Information Science graduate program. Good academic background. Able to learn quickly, take initiative, handle multiple projects. Science background not required. Familiarity and ease with technology, understanding of basic HTML. Public service orientation.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to:
Use subject line “Vet Library Internship.”
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.