e-Content Portal Manager, Investment Information Services – 1507472
The Asset Management Investment Information Services (IIS) organization is comprised of multidisciplinary teams that provide end-to-end research support services to internal Asset Management investment professionals and business partners. The IIS teams are tightly integrated and offer specialized services that support IIS client-facing functions based in Boston, MA, Merrimack, NH, Smithfield, RI and Westlake, TX.
The e-Content Portal Manager is a member of the IIS Content Management team, reporting into the Investment Research Center Manager (IRCM) located in Boston. This position manages the Subscriptions Specialist in Westlake who provides Subscriptions services to the Asset Management community. The position also serves as project manager for the Resource InSite research portal, including eContent administration.
The e-Content Portal Manager’s primary responsibilities include: developing and managing the Resource InSite project plan as well as setting eContent standards. This includes defining business requirements and ongoing portal enhancements, managing priorities, and driving deliverables. Specific duties include: managing portal project meetings, partnering with the Web Development team and vendors to scope and implement changes, and testing new releases of software in the development environment.
The successful candidate provides direction to the Subscription Specialist who analyzes subscriptions costs across business groups and conducts internal usage audits. The eContent Portal Manager identifies opportunities to transition to eContent options; and collaborates with specialists, Vendor Relations, Vendor Administration and Web Development teams to deliver cost-efficient knowledge and subscriptions services globally. The candidate will be capable of working across geographically dispersed teams on multiple deliverables as a project leader and be a strong team player and collaborator who will thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Facilitate cross team portal project meetings, setting agendas, identifying open issues, and ensuring team is in alignment with vendors and Web Team.
- Provide a QA role in relation to testing new releases of portal software and develops test plans.
- Manage external content integration into Resource InSite
- Maintain standards for metadata and documents changes.
- Conduct ongoing quality reviews of subscriptions services to identify opportunities for cost savings and improved global service delivery
- Provide ongoing analysis of subscriptions to identify copyright requirements, partner with Copyright Clearance Center and Vendor Relations team to negotiate and secure appropriate rights.
- Cultivate strong relationships with IIS Client Relationship Managers and IIS Information Consultants to better understand evolving research needs and identify new opportunities to promote utilization of subscriptions and e-Content services
- Foster and champion innovative technology solutions to resolve complex business problems
- Apply technologies, methods, and concepts to maximize functional/operational capabilities
- Review and advise on departmental technical policies and procedures to comply with internal audit and soft program requirements
- Assess process improvement opportunities within Systems; gain consensus, and implement
- Act as backup support for the Subscriptions Specialist and Collections staff as needed
Education and Experience
- Masters of Library & Information Science (MLS) degree required
- 6-10 years’ experience with serials and metadata management
- Proven experience managing a web-based intranet portal
- Experience in managing and negotiating with vendors; familiarity with content management systems
- Experience using integrated library/content management systems and cataloging/metadata management
- Prior Experience with Management and coaching of junior staff
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of the Asset Management industry
- Excellent project management skills
- Flexibility and the skill to both lead and contribute to teams are a must
- Demonstrated ability to foster and build strong relationships across the organization
- Strong track record of project and people management with deliverables that impact business operations as well as systems reporting
- Proven process innovator who has demonstrated success streamlining workflows, processes and reengineering legacy practices
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, WorldCat, GICS, Presto, and EOS systems a plus