Contact email@example.com if interested in the below position.
Data Analyst Position | Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Are you the sort of person who compulsively corrects others’ grammar? Does a disorganized sock drawer keep you from sleep? Walmart wants you! Spend your days deep in discussion with research scientists! Watch your friends’ faces contort in bewilderment at your business card: “Taxonomist.” Walmart needs a hyper-intelligent, detail-oriented person with structured data experience to work with a team of top-notch research scientists, engineers and product managers in creating THE next-generation product taxonomy for the world’s largest retailer. Join us, and take advantage of a rare opportunity to change the way people interact with, and advertise on, the web.
Walmart is reinventing product data, focusing on user intent and desire instead of systematic keywords. We are setting out to build a wildly beautiful product that humanizes and refines the shopping experience. We are gunning to change an industry – blending bleeding edge technology built by some of the smartest PhDs on the planet, artistic depth and visual aesthetics created by visionary designers, and insights gleaned from years of search marketing – to build the most elegant, profitable and scalable solution around. Be part of a Fortune 1 company, touch the lives of millions of people around the world, and build the ‘Mint’ for product data.
- Assist with taxonomy and categorization build-out efforts, including development, deployment, and maintenance
· Interact with internal stakeholders, including product managers and research specialists, to ensure that the taxonomies being built meet end-user needs
- Become a power user of our internally-developed tools to accelerate the development of our structured data efforts
- Serve as a proactive feedback loop to the research and product teams, improving internal taxonomical structures as well as the processes used to build and maintain our taxonomies
Desired Skills & Experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, structured thinker
- An abiding love for classification and interest in taxonomy, metadata and controlled vocabularies
- BS degree in Library and Information Studies (MLIS) or equivalent experience with language-oriented, technical/scientific discipline
- Experience creating, implementing, and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, or similar structured data a huge plus
- Ability to work well with team members across multiple functions (engineering, research, product).
- Proficient in MS Excel, coupled with strong technical aptitude. Familiarity with relational databases, XML/XSLT and structured query languages a plus
- Strong teamwork, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with retail product data management
- Have a bias toward action and an eagerness to be part of a fun, hard-working team